Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Kids Earn Money Taking Pet Pictures


My oldest daughter and her best friend have been working to earn extra money. These two kids have earned money selling lemonade and toys at a yard sale. They have their minds set on starting a rock band and are raising money to by instruments.


Today these kids decided to try something different to earn money. They decided to go into the "pet photography" business. I’m not sure how they came up with this idea to make money but it sounds like it should work.


After the kids came up with this money making idea, I asked them how much they would charge for the pictures. My daughter said she though $2.00 would be a good price. When I asked her how she came up with that price she said she just made it up.


Teaching Kids A Lesson In Earning Money
This opened the door for a business lesson. I asked the two what it would cost to get the pictures printed. They didn’t know. I asked what size pictures they would sell – they weren’t sure. I asked them how they could find out and they said call Walmart (good ol’ Walmart).


So after they called and got the prices. They realized if they were going to make money they would have to charge more than $2.00 a picture. They raised the price to $8.00 for a large picture.


Right now the two of them are making small "business cards" on 3 x 5 cards. I have volunteered to walk with them around the neighborhood so that they can sell their service. They wanted me to walk to the doors with them. I told them that they were the ones that wanted to earn extra money so I was just walking with them for safety. They said that that was fair.


Well they are ready to go so I am going to end this post. I will post the results of this adventure with the kids making money. It sounds like a good way for kids to make extra money. I am curious to see how it goes

No comments: